Relay For Life 2015 is here!
Relay For Life is an overnight fundraising event filled with fun, festivities and camaraderie, where everyone in your community can raise vital funds to support Kiwis with cancer. Teams of families, friends, co-workers and community groups band together to:
- Celebrate cancer survivors and carers
- Remember loved ones lost to cancer.
- Fight back by raising awareness and funds to support the work of Cancer Society.
Team members take turns walking around the track, and when you're not on the track, there are heaps of activities and entertainment to enjoy. In the months leading up to the event, Relay teams fundraise for Cancer Society by getting their friends and family to sponsor them with donations. Many teams also fundraise by running mini events, such as quiz nights, morning teas and sausage sizzles.
This year, there are four events in the Auckland/Northland region:
- Auckland West – 14 & 15 February
- Franklin – 21 & 22 March
- Northland – 14 & 15 March
- Auckland North – 28 & 29 March